The Library Technologies division is responsible for the development and support of information technology systems and services for the Indiana University Libraries.
Digital Preservation - Heidi Dowding, Digital Preservation Librarian
- Provides support for preservation and curation activities involving digital content working closely with Digital Collections Services, collection managers, and various other departments and schools.
Library Technologies Core Services - Vern Wilkins, Head
- Provides technology support and administration for computer workstations, servers, and applications to support patron and staff productivity and access to library electronic resources
Metadata Resources & Systems - Gary Charbonneau, Head
- Provides expert metadata analysis and design support for the development of library systems for cataloging, discovery, access, and preservation
Software Development - Will Cowan, Head
- Provides software development and support for the library web site, institutional repository, digital collections repositories, online publishing, and digital collections access services, working closely with Digital Collections Services, Discovery and Research Services, and Scholarly Communication.
- User Experience & Digital Media Services
Library Technologies also works closely with the Library Information Systems team in University Information Technology Services to provide support for the Indiana University Libraries' online catalog system IUCAT, the SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system, and development and implementation of the Kuali OLE community source library management system.