The Library Technologies division is responsible for the development and support of information technology systems and services for the Indiana University Libraries. Library Technologies also engages in a number of research and development projects aimed at creating new digital services and capabilities for libraries at IU and beyond
- Digital Collections Services - Michelle Dalmau, Head
- Digital Collections Services fosters and supports the development of digital projects for Indiana University (IU) librarians, faculty, students, and staff, and collaborates with internal and external units and organizations on digital scholarship initiatives.
- Digital Preservation - Michael Shallcross, Digital Preservation Librarian
- Located within the Digital Collections Services department, provides support for preservation and curation activities involving digital content.
- Digital Media Software Development - Maria Whitaker, Head
- Library Applications - Adam Crandell, Head
- Provides software development and support for the library web site and other systems supporting the operations of the IU Libraries. Additionally, Library Applications works closely with the IU Libraries' Discovery and User Experience department and the Enterprise Library Systems team in University Information Technology Services to provide support for the Indiana University Libraries' online catalog IUCAT and the SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system.
- Library Technologies Core Services - Vern Wilkins, Head
- Provides technology support and administration for computer workstations, servers, and applications to support patron and staff productivity and access to library electronic resources
- Repository Technology Development - Jim Halliday, Head
- Provides software development and support for the institutional repository, digital collections repositories, online publishing, and digital collections access services, working closely with Digital Collections Services, Discovery and User Experience, and Scholarly Communication, along with IUPUI University Library and UITS Enterprise Systems as part of IU's Enterprise Scholarly Systems initiative.
The following services are available from the the Library Technologies department: