Digital Collections Services fosters and supports the development of digital projects for Indiana University (IU) librarians, faculty, students, and staff, and collaborates with internal and external units and organizations on digital scholarship initiatives.
We provide digital library services including workflows and tools for the creation, curation, and publication of digital content.
We also offer consultation across all areas of digital project development, including digitization and digital project planning, as well as organize training and outreach opportunities as part of the IU Libraries’ Scholars’ Commons.
DCS staff consults across all the dimensions involved in planning a digital project, from selection of content to online publishing. Areas of particular expertise include:
- Text encoding
- Interface design & usability in partnership with User Experience and Digital Media Services
- Grant planning and grant writing
- Digital project planning and management
We offer general consultation in the following areas:
- Collection development and materials selection
- Copyright and intellectual property issues
- Data curation and data management
- Digital Humanities
- Geospatial visualization
- Open access scholarship
- Software/Web site development
- Textual analysis and visualization