Wylie House Museum is a historic house museum administered by the IU Libraries. The house was built in 1835 by Andrew Wylie, first president of Indiana University. The house is furnished as it might have looked in the 1840s when Dr. Wylie and his family lived there. Free guided tours are given five days per week from May to November, 10am to 2pm. 

For seed saving tips and information, visit our seed saving page.

TWITTER @WylieHouse1835

Today's Hours

10:00am - 2:00pm All hours

Contact Info

307 E Second Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Carey Beam - Director, Wylie House Museum, Assistant Librarian
(812) 856-2353