We are committed to making the collections and services of IU Libraries accessible to all patrons in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Indiana University's mission as a public university.
All libraries on the Bloomington campus have accessible entrances, and accessible parking is available near most campus libraries.
Please contact the circulation desk at any library for additional information or assistance.
Accessible Entrances & Support at Campus Libraries
Limited accessible parking is available in Wells Library parking lot. The closest parking garage to Wells Library is the East Parking Garage, on Eagleson Avenue.
Accessible Building Access (3 options):
- From Wells Library parking lot, use ramp and electronic door at the cafeteria entrance. Immediately after entering building, go down hallway (look for signs directing you to the elevator).
- If not entering from Wells Library parking lot, approach building from northeast corner (10th St. & Eagleson Ave.) to bypass stairs. Use electronic door at the north entrance of the Wells Library lobby.
- On 10th Street, there is a new access ramp on the northwest side of the building directly into University Division, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education.
Accessibility Support for Patrons
- TY/TDD: First floor, West Tower, Adaptive Technology Center, 812-856-4112
- Ask at the Research Collections Circulation Desk in the Wells Library for retrieval of materials from our collections and locations of accessible scanners, computer workstations, or other library services.
Wells Library has one manual (not power) wheelchair, which you may borrow for the duration of your visit to the library. It is available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved in advance. Stop by the Wells Library circulation desk in the Scholars’ Commons, first floor of the East Tower, to inquire.
Located in the Kelley Business School. Use ground level, north entrance, which is directly in front of library. This entrance has electronic doors. Parking is available.
Located in the Education Building. There are electronic door entrances at the north, south, and east sides of the building.
The front entrance facing Showalter Fountain is fully accessible.
Use entrance on west side of building (behind the Auditorium) with wheel-chair accessible ramp. Library is located on the first floor.
Located in the Chemistry Building. Enter the building from the northwest ground level door (across from the IMU), where there are electronic doors. As you approach the stairwell, turn to your right; the entrance to the library is around the corner. Staff will retrieve any inaccessible materials.
Located in the Herman B Wells Library. See information for Wells Library, above.
Access free and accessible visitor parking behind the Education Center via alley from Lincoln Street. Go around front to enter Education Center on first floor. The Museum is accessible via the back porch's ramp.
Located in the Simon Music Library and Recital Center. From the Eagleson Avenue entrance, take the elevator to Floor 1F. Turn left; the library is at the end of the hallway. From the western entrances (not entering via Speech and Hearing department), take the elevator up to Floor 1F. Turn left; the library is at the end of the hallway. Within the library, the elevator will give access to each floor.