Study Rooms are first-come, first-served during Summer Break.
The Learning Commons has 18 group rooms, seating four-eight people.
Learn more about the Learning Commons group rooms and other rooms in the Libraries.
Learning Commons Exploration Hub
The Learning Commons Exploration hub offers students a space to learn, make, and grow new skills, collaborate with students and professionals, and elevate their own learning. The Exploration Hub brings together services from across campus, including the Wells Library Makerspace, the Learning Commons Research Desk, IU Peer Coaches, and more.
Students can reserve tables in the Hub to work on class projects, meet with study groups, or connect with students across campus. When not reserved, tables are first come, first served.
During the summer, tables are first-come, first-served.
UITS Support Center (West Tower Fourth Floor)
Walk-in technology support these items and more:
- IU accounts and central systems
- Pass phrases and Two-Step Login (Duo)
- Wireless connectivity
- Email setup for mobile devices and laptops
- Windows and Mac troubleshooting
UITS Technology Center Consulting (West Tower Fourth Floor)
Support and customer service help with:
- Software, like IUanyWare
- Hardware questions
- Plotter printing services (available on the fourth floor of the West Tower)
Writing Tutorial Services
- Available in-person and virtually
- Schedule an appointment with a WTS Tutor.
- Peer Coaching will not be available in the Learning Commons for summer break
- Schedule appointments by searching "IU Peer Coaches" in the Student Appointment Scheduler
CrimsonCard (West Tower Fourth Floor)
- The official photo ID card for Indiana University
- Provides access to essential services, such as:
- Secure entry to building and residence halls
- Printing services and IU Libraries
- Sports and recreation facilities
- Dining points and meal plan swipes
- The Research Desk will be closed through summer break and will reopen for Fall Semester on August 22nd
- Available in-person (by appointment or drop in) and virtually (by appointment only).
- Meet one-on-one with specially trained research assistants at any stage of your research process.
- Get help with planning research, locating, and evaluating resources.
Wells Library Makerspace
- The Wells Library Makerspace is open Monday through Friday, 12pm-2pm during summer break
- Drop in and make something with our vinyl cutter, sewing machine, or 3D printer.
- Attend a workshop.
- Borrow equipment such as a DSLR camera or podcasting microphone.
- For more information, consult the MoneySmarts webpage.