These collections are spread throughout four floors in the West Tower and are primarily targeted to undergraduate students. Please contact Meggan Press, Undergraduate Education Librarian, if you have questions about these collections.
Housed in the Wells Library west tower on the 2nd and 3rd floors, the Core Collection contains current titles and high-use materials central to the IU Bloomington undergraduate curriculum.
The circulation policies of the Core Collection reflect the high-use, in-demand nature of the materials. These policies are:
- Books circulate for 2 weeks to all users.
- Books may be renewed twice (for a total of 6 weeks).
- Books are subject to recall/hold.
- Books from the Core Collection will not be circulated through interlibrary loan.
- Books from the Core Collection cannot be charged to library carrels.
- Because of the special nature of this collection, overdue fines will be charged to all borrowers, including faculty.
Inquiries about the Core Collection may be sent to the Wells Library Reference department via our Email a Librarian form.
The Career Collection contains books with information about careers, graduate school, standardized tests (MCAT, LSAT, etc.) and is located on the 3rd floor of the Wells Library west tower. These books can be checked out for three days.
The Browsing Collection of paperback books for recreational reading is shelved on the 2nd floor of the Wells Library west tower. These books can be checked out for two weeks.