Built in 1835, Wylie House was the home of Indiana University's first president, Andrew Wylie, and his family. Today, Wylie House is owned and operated by Indiana University Libraries as an historic house museum recreating the Wylie home prior to 1860. The museum is open to the public for tours and supports the campus curriculum, providing students and faculty with access to the museum and its collections for course integration and research opportunities. The museum's Morton C. Bradley, Jr. Education Center, situated next door to the museum, provides space for staff offices, exhibitions, and class meetings. 

Guided Tours | Gift Shop | Donate or Volunteer | Seed Saving & Heirloom Garden

Visit Us

307 E. Second Street
Bloomington, Indiana 47401
Parking at the Museum (pdf)

Guided Tours

Free guided tours are given five days per week from May to November, 10am to 2pm. (Hours & exceptions)
*Group tours are welcome if scheduled in advance; a maximum number of 30 is suggested.

Gift Shop

Wylie House has a very small gift shop where we sell heirloom seeds grown in our gardens. Please stop by the museum during normal business hours to browse and purchase seeds.

Donate or Volunteer

The Wylie House Museum is owned and maintained by Indiana University and is a part of the Indiana University Libraries. Private donations, essential to the work of the museum, pay for research, programs, acquisitions, and preservation

Internship possibilities and other volunteer opportunities are also available. Learn to be a docent, help in the garden, or assist with special events or behind-the-scenes projects. Call or e-mail for more information about current volunteer opportunities.

Give Now
Checks, made out to Wylie House Museum/IU Foundation, may be sent to:
Wylie House Museum
c/o Carey Beam, Director
317 E. Second Street
Bloomington, IN 47401

Filed Under: