Loan Periods by User
Normal Circulating Items (See list below for notable material exceptions for each library)
- Faculty : 120 day loan
- Staff : 120 day loan
- Graduate Students and Staff : 120 day loan
- Undergraduate Students : 45 day loan
- Indiana Residents : 30 day loan.
- Wells Library Core Collection Materials: 14 days, maximum of 2 renewals for all borrowers. Because of the special nature of this collection, overdue fines will be charged to all borrowers, including faculty.
Material Exceptions (limited or non-circulating materials)
- Reference Books
- Current and bound Periodicals
- Reserve items (see reserve circulation policy)
Fine Arts Library:
- Special collection items (no circ)
- Items marked "DOES NOT CIRCULATE"
- Videos (no circ)
- Oversize Collection books (no circ)
- CD-ROMs (no circ)
- Selected items circulate for 14 days.
- Textbooks - two hours
- Microfiche readers - two weeks
- Video recordings - two weeks
- Children's collection - two weeks
Wells Media Services:
- Browsing Collection Videos and DVDs - 7 days with 1 renewal.
- Language and Audio CDs circulate for 14 days with 1 renewal.
- Audiocassettes and CD-ROMS - Check with Media Services staff
- Detailed information about Media Services Circulation Policies
Circulation Policies and Loan Periods for Other Campus Libraries
Archives of African American Music & Culture
Archives of Traditional Music
Black Film Center/Archive
Indiana Institute on Disability and Community, Center for Disability Information and Referral (CeDIR)
Kinsey Institute Library
Lilly Library (Rare books and manuscripts)
Office of University Archives and Records Management