Reserves Circulation Policy
- Students must present valid photo ID in order to checkout an item on reserve.
- Three reserve items (book, media item, personal copy) per person may be checked out at a time.
- Reserve items are generally to be used only in the library or approved adjacent areas. Generally, open reserve items may be taken out of the library for the approved circulation period.
- The typical circulation period for reserve material is 2 or 4 hours and “in house use only” unless otherwise specified.
Some reserve libraries allow open reserve items to be checked out for overnight use. This does NOT include closed reserve items.
- Wells and Optometry Reserves: Many print reserve items can be checked out for overnight use 4 hours prior to the library’s closing time. A reserve item checked out overnight is due back 1 1/2 hours after the library opens the next day.
- BUS/SPEA: Some print reserve items can be checked out for overnight use 2 hours prior to the library’s closing time. A reserve item checked out overnight is due back ½ hour after the library opens the following day
- All reserve items must be renewed in person. They may not be renewed by telephone, email or the library web site. Items may be renewed only if no one else has requested the item. If you are waiting for an item to be returned, ask desk staff to put you on the list and stay in the library.
- All reserve items must be returned to the circulation desk where the item was checked out. Do not return reserve items to another library, another circulation desk, or in a bookdrop. You are responsible for the item and fines do accrue on overdue items until they have been discharged at the home reserve desk.
- The overdue fine for reserve materials is $0.02/minute ($1.20/hour).
The following libraries have reserve books and materials
- Business/SPEA Information Commons: Located behind the Circulation Desk
- Chemistry Library: Located behind the Circulation Desk
- Education Library: Located behind the Circulation Desk
- Herman B Wells Library - Print Reserve Services: Located at the Learning Commons Service Desk (1st floor, Wells Library, West Tower, South entrance)
- Herman B Wells Library - Media Reserves: Located on the Ground Floor in the Media Services department (Media Services circulation policies)
- Life Sciences Library: Located behind the Circulation Desk
- Music Library: Open reserves are located in the Reserve Room, Closed/Personal Copy reserves are located behind the Circulation Desk (More about Music Library reserves)
- Optometry: Located behind the Circulation Desk