Reserves Circulation Policy
- Students must present valid photo ID in order to check out an item on reserve.
- Three reserve items (book, media item, personal copy) per person may be checked out at a time.
- Reserve items are generally to be used only in the library or approved adjacent areas. Generally, open reserve items may be taken out of the library for the approved circulation period.
- The typical circulation period for reserve material is 2 or 4 hours and “in house use only” unless otherwise specified.
- Some reserve libraries allow open reserve items to be checked out for overnight use. This does NOT include closed reserve items.
- Wells Library: Many print reserve items can be checked out for overnight use 4 hours prior to the library’s closing time. A reserve item checked out overnight is due back 1 ½ hours after the library opens the next day.
- BUS/SPEA Library: Some print reserve items can be checked out for overnight use 2 hours prior to the library’s closing time. A reserve item checked out overnight is due back ½ hour after the library opens the following day
- All reserve items must be renewed in person. They may not be renewed by telephone, email or the library web site. Items may be renewed only if no one else has requested the item. If you are waiting for an item to be returned, ask desk staff to put you on the list and stay in the library.
- All reserve items must be returned to the circulation desk where the item was checked out. Do not return reserve items to another library, another circulation desk, or in a bookdrop. You are responsible for the item and fines do accrue on overdue items until they have been discharged at the home reserve desk.
- The overdue fine for reserve materials is $0.02/minute ($1.20/hour).