Teaching & Learning librarians are available to consult with departments or individual faculty, instructors, and librarians to discuss the integration of research knowledge and informed literacy into courses and assignments. Instructional consultations may also be referred to a subject librarian, when appropriate. This instructional support service is being offered in order to create a sustainable, meaningful approach to developing information literacy experiences at IUB.
Consultations can happen anytime during the year, but are most effective if timed to occur prior to the launch of a course. Consult with a librarian to:
- Plan a librarian-led instruction session or course-integrated learning activity
- Develop or revise an assignment (read more on Assignment Design)
- Integrate research and information skills into a course or program
- Plan the development of an online Course Guide
- Create tools to assess student learning
Faculty & Instructors: