The Indiana University Libraries Moving Image Archive is actively working to expand the Libraries motion picture film and videotape collections. Provided new acquisitions fall into the following collecting areas:
- Nontheatrical film and video with an emphasis on educational, training, nonfiction, and documentary programs.
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana and regional moving image history.
- Early educational and local Indiana television programs.
- Advertising, sponsored films, and corporate video.
- Home movies, amateur films, home video, and personal media.
- History of home media including both film and video and technology such as small gauge cameras and projectors, and home video cameras and decks.
- Collections that support the research, teaching, learning, and creative activities of Indiana University faculty and students.
- Collections that support the film and arts programming on campus.