The IUB Libraries and the Campus Writing Program have developed the following page as a quick reference to citing sources.
Looking for software assistance with citation management? View our page on citation management software such as Endnote, Mendeley and Zotero.
- The MLA Style Center offers a free online overview of MLA citation formatting. And, the Purdue Online Writing Lab offers an MLA Guide,
- The complete Chicago Manual of Style is available online.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab also offers an APA Guide.
Government & Business Sources
The Government Information, Maps and Microforms Services Department (GIMMS) has developed:
- A Guide to Citing U. S. Government Publications (newly revised page coming soon)
- A Guide to Citing International Organization Publications
Doing company or industry research? Need to cite annual reports, data from Factiva, ThomsonOne or other similar sources? The Business/SPEA Information Commons staff have a handy guide for you!
Print Style Manuals
Print manuals are available at the IUB libraries, including:
- A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations: Chicago style for students and researchers (Turabian)
- The MLA style manual
- The MLA Handbook (9th edition)
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (APA, 7th edition)
- The Chicago manual of style (17th edition)
- ASA style guide
- The bluebook : a uniform system of citation (21st edition)