The East Asian Collection is located on the 8th floor of the East Tower of the Wells Library. It houses monographs, bound periodicals, and newspapers in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages, and a reference collection for East Asian studies.
In addition, there are other locations in the Wells Library with materials related to East Asia:
- An extensive collection of Western language resources on East Asia is shelved on the other floors of the East Tower.
- Currently subscribed periodicals and newpapers are shelved in the Reference Reading Room, first floor of the East Tower.
- East Asia-related media materials are shelved in Media Services in the Reference Reading Room, first floor of the East Tower.
- Tibetan materials are included in the Tibetan Collection which is located on the 9th floor of the East Tower.
- Thousands of East Asian materials were transferred to ALF, the remote storage facilities on the Bloomington campus.