The IU Libraries Screening Room (Wells Library 048) offers high-quality film and video projection with the flexibility of an open floor space for use by seminar classes and high-profile symposia.
Booking the Screening Room
- If your request is accepted the Libraries will provide a projectionist/technician to ensure a smooth viewing experience.
You as the requestor are responsible for
- securing the media to be presented including any shipping costs
- covering the fees and legal clearance involved in public performance rights;
- any publicity
- A small reception area is available for certain events.
- Food and/or drinks are not allowed in the Screening Room.
- Film: 16mm
- Video: U-matic / VHS / LaserDisc / DVD / Blu-ray / plus the ability to patch in other decks
- Digital: Laptops through HDMI or VGA connectors / Apple Pro-Res / 2K DCP
- for film, two Eastman 25 16mm film projectors
- for analog and digital video, a Barco 2K Digital Cinema projector.
The room can be arranged to accommodate a smaller number of individuals either with theater seating (left, below) or chairs arranged around one or more tables (classroom setup, right below).