Join us for a mapping workshop this spring! Go to libraries.indiana.edu/workshops to view the full list of Cartoshop workshops and to sign up! Below, find a brief listing of topics & dates.
- Web Mapping 101 with CartoDB Tuesday, March 1, 2016 | 10:00am - 11:00am
CartoDB is a free, cloud based tool for mapping and data visualization. This workshop will take you through the steps of creating a map, including uploading and editing data, styling your map, and publishing. No GIS or coding experience necessary.
- Web Mapping 102 with CartoDB Thursday, March 3, 2016 | 10:00am - 11:00am
This workshop starts where web mapping 101 left off. Dive deeper into elements of cartographic design and data management. Prior experience with CartoDB is highly recommended.
- Intro to ArcGIS Online Tuesday, March 8, 2016 | 10:00am - 11:00am
ArcGIS Online is the free, web-based companion to the popular GIS software, ArcGIS Desktop. This workshop will introduce ArcGIS Online as a web mapping platform.
- Narrative Mapping: ESRI StoryMaps Thursday, March 10, 2016 | 10:00am - 11:00am
StoryMaps is a friendly, widget-driven platform for creating web maps with a little extra.
- What's New with the Indiana Spatial Data Portal? Tuesday, April 26, 2016 | 10:00am - 11:00am
The Indiana Spatial Data Portal (ISDP) provides access to more than 30 terabytes of Indiana geospatial data. This workshop will show you how to find and use data from this extensive resource.