All IU Bloomington library buildings are closed for the rest of spring semester. We are still here to help: learn about our new and ongoing virtual library services.
ALF Internal Processing
The ALF Internal Processing Unit is tasked with the job of preparing 7,000 books
per week from various collections that are being transferred to the ALF.
What does this mean?
- This means that we retrieve pre-selected materials from various collections campus wide.
- Once these items are in our office we change the record for each item in IUCAT so that patrons will know it is in the ALF.
- Each piece is re-barcoded and evaluated to see if it needs to be stabilized or sent to preservation.
- Next, every item is reviewed to ensure that the records have been updated and that stabilization has been applied to every piece that requires it.
- Finally, the books are packed for shipment to the ALF.