The ALF Internal Processing Unit is tasked with the job of preparing 7,000 books
per week from various collections that are being transferred to the ALF.
What does this mean?
- This means that we retrieve pre-selected materials from various collections campus wide.
- Once these items are in our office we change the record for each item in IUCAT so that patrons will know it is in the ALF.
- Each piece is re-barcoded and evaluated to see if it needs to be stabilized or sent to preservation.
- Next, every item is reviewed to ensure that the records have been updated and that stabilization has been applied to every piece that requires it.
- Finally, the books are packed for shipment to the ALF.