List of Records Coordinators
Records Coordinators by Area (IU Log-in)
Role of a Records Coordinator for Records Management at IU
Act as a point person with the University Records Retention and Disposition Committee (URRDC) for your area/sub-area:
- Receive communications about records management updates, issues, or questions.
- Provide constructive comments and suggestions on URRDC draft policies, procedures, or workflows as needed.
Serve as an expert for your area/sub-area to:
- Answer questions about applying applicable records retention and disposition schedules.
- Liaise with the University Archives to help facilitate the transfer of archival records as needed.
- Monitor environment for changes that might affect records retention schedules, such as updates to any statutes, regulations, or policies.
- Submit retention schedule changes as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with Data Managers and Data Stewards who work in your subject area (see: https://datamanagement.iu.edu/index.html for a list of Steward and Data Managers).
Involved in your department's annual records purge? Learn more on the departmental annual purge page.