Reference and Research Services
The Indiana University Libraries provide a wide range of services in support of the research interests of students, faculty and staff. Within the Wells Library, the brand-new Scholars' Commons and Learning Commons provide specialized services in spaces designed to support scholarship and learning. In addition to the Wells Library there are also branch libraries across campus that support specific academic interests.
Take advantage of the knowledge and experience of IUB librarians. They are happy to help you with your research. Need help accessing and using the Libraries' physical and digital collections, and our electronic resources and databases? Just ask!
- They offer opportunities for quick help through Ask a Librarian.
- Reference librarians are available for consultations.
- Librarians expert in specific subject areas and languages are available for in-depth assistance.
- You may also consult the home page of the Reference Services Department which each semester offers a number of Research Seminars.
- Faculty & instructors may wish to read about the Libraries' Support for University Grand Challenges (PDF) in the areas of information and data management, education and knowledge dissemination, and outreach.
Use other resources on these pages to explore assistance in citing & writing, the publishing and data services available, the guide to dissertations and theses (including databases for searching previous dissertations and a list of funding possibilities) and the facilities and equipment the libraries offer.