The IU Libraries' University Archives collaborates with system-wide partners to develop and implement records management policies and procedures for University offices. The program aims to keep university records of all formats accessible and retrievable with consideration of their administrative, legal, fiscal, and historical value. Records are managed according to best practices, institutional policies, and state and federal laws.
- Guidance on required retention periods for specific record types or series
- Assistance with the appraisal and transfer of records to the University Archives
- Creation of & updates to unit-specific records retention schedules
- Guidance on the disposal of university records (destruction or transfer)
- Assistance with the development of a unit-specific records management plan
- Training and presentations on record-keeping best practices
Learn more about records management at Indiana University.
For further information about the program, contact Molly Wittenberg, Records Manager, University Archives.