Use this form to ask a question or request a Reading Room appointment.
A few things to keep in mind:
- We try to respond to requests for Reading Room appointments within a day or two. You may not get your first choice of appointment, but we will work with you to find another time.
- Due to our renovation, reference services have been unavailable for several months while our staff and collections were in transit. We have just restarted email reference and we anticipate a high volume of questions. Please be aware that it may take up to a month to receive a response to your query. We will do our best to answer messages in the order in which they are received.
- Due to space constraints in our temporary location, we are limited with regard to the volume of digitization requests. We are not able to process orders that span a large number of boxes.
- Some collections are closed during the renovation. Public Services staff can help you identify which collections are unavailable.
- Our staff can answer only questions about collections at the Lilly Library.
- If you are researching the value of books, please consult "Your Old Books," a guide from the Association of College and Research Libraries.
For more information, see:
- Visiting the Reading Room
- Requesting permission to publish
- Requesting a tour or class
- Ordering reproductions