Use this form to ask a question or request a Reading Room appointment.
A few things to keep in mind:
- In person visits are currently not available due to COVID-19. Please use this form to ask about remote reference services.
- Due to our renovation and COVID-19, reference services have been limited for several months while our staff and collections were in transit and while staff were working remotely. We have restarted email reference and are working through a backlog of questions. Please be aware that it may take up to a month to receive a response to your query. We will do our best to answer messages in the order in which they are received.
- Due to space constraints in our temporary location, our ability to fill large orders is limited. We are not able to process orders that span a large number of boxes. Limits are described on our Reproductions page.
- Some collections are closed during the renovation. Public Services staff can help you identify which collections are unavailable.
- Our staff can answer only questions about collections at the Lilly Library.
- If you are researching the value of books, please consult "Your Old Books," a guide from the Association of College and Research Libraries.
For more information, see:
- Visiting the Reading Room
- Requesting permission to publish
- Requesting a tour or class
- Ordering reproductions