Use this form to ask a question or request a Reading Room appointment.
A few things to keep in mind:
- We try to respond to requests for Reading Room appointments within a day or two. You may not get your first choice of appointment, but we will work with you to find another time.
- For other types of questions, please allow up to ten business days for our response. This helps us manage a high volume of questions.
- Some inquiries exceed the scope of reference our staff can provide. We may refer you to our list of independent researchers.
- Our staff can answer only questions about collections at the Lilly Library.
- If you are researching the value of books, please consult "Your Old Books," a guide from the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- No orders for reproductions can be accepted starting November 6, 2019, due to the relocation of collections in preparation for the Lilly Library renovation. We expect to be able to take orders again starting March 1, 2020.
Follow these links for more information about: