- Constitutions and by-laws, minutes and proceedings, transcripts, lists of officers;
- Office Files: correspondence and memoranda (incoming and outgoing) and subject files concerning projects, activities and functions;
- Historical files documenting policies, decisions, committee and task force reports and proceedings, questionnaires;
- Publications: three record copies of all newsletters, journals, brochures, monographs, programs, posters, and announcements issued by the organization or its subdivisions;
- Audio-visuals: photographs, digital images, films, and sound and video recordings;
- Records of specific financial transactions;
- Routine letters of transmittal and acknowledgment;
- Non-personally addressed correspondence;
- Requests for publications or information after the requests have been filled;
- Replies to questionnaires if the results are recorded and preserved either in the Archives or in a published report.
These lists are intended as general guides. If there are questions about records not listed here or questions about the retention or disposal of specific record series, please telephone the University Archives at 812-855-1127 or e-mail the Archives at email@example.com. When ready to transfer records, please review and follow the procedures outlined in the Procedures for Transfer of University Records.
WHEN IN DOUBT, PLEASE DO NOT THROW IT OUT! CONTACT THE UNIVERSITY ARCHIVES!