The IU Libraries’ Copyright Program provides information and assistance on copyright and licensing to IU-Bloomington faculty, researchers, students, and staff.
For help, or to schedule an appointment for a consultation or a class presentation, please e-mail Naz Pantaloni, Copyright Program Librarian.
Basic copyright information is available here:
- Copyright Basics
- Fair Use
- Public Domain
- Copyright Registration
- Open Access and Creative Commons Licenses
- Obtaining Permissions
- Locating Copyright Owners
- Copyright Office
- Copyright for Authors
- Copyright for Instructors
- Music Copyright and Licensing
- Using Images
- Copyright Links
- Copyright for Filmmakers
- Copyright for Fashion
- Unpublished Works
Copyright for Bloggers
Digital Scholarship Services
We can advise or assist faculty and researchers interested in the creation, enhancement, or publication of online collections, exhibits or digital projects. These may include text or media with varying degrees of interactivity, for example:
- Image Collections Online: a central gateway for preserving and disseminating digital image collections with a standards-based cataloging tool and web publishing mechanism
- Electronic text services: consultation and services on all stages of projects, from developing encoding strategies to delivering texts online
- Finding aids for archival or special collections
The Indiana University Libraries provide services to help the IU community disseminate the results of their research.
Open access journal publishing
The IU Libraries provide free hosting and consultation services to IU researchers and organizations who are interested in publishing their own open access journal. Support services include:
- Journal start-up and migration consultation
- Copyright and intellectual property consultation
- Open Journal Systems software training
- Multimedia content support
- ISSN and DOI registration
- Discoverability enhancement
- Usage statistics
View a list of current publications. For more information or to request a project consultation, please contact iusw at indiana dot edu.
IUScholarWorks is a repository for IU faculty, students, and other researchers to share and preserve their scholarly materials. The mission of the repository is to expand the dissemination and ensure the long-term preservation of IU scholarship.
To learn more about this service, please visit the IUScholarWorks website, or contact iusw at indiana dot edu.
Binding for Dissertations