The Wells Library Learning Commons is piloting a new reservation system that will allow students to reserve a limited number of collaboration rooms. Running through the Spring semester, students will be able to reserve rooms in advance for a limited number of hours per week Monday through Friday.
The Libraries is also asking for student feedback through surveys located throughout the Learning Commons.
Undergraduates can reserve rooms online.
New Collaboration Room Policy for Learning Commons
- Rooms may be reserved Monday -Thursday from 8am-8pm and Friday 8am-5pm.
- Undergraduate students may reserve rooms:
- Up to three weeks in advance, but no less than 24 hours in advance
- For a maximum of three times per week
- For a maximum of two hours per day
- Rooms are intended for collaborative group work, and therefore:
- Rooms may not be used for course instruction or to hold office hours
- Reservations must be made using a primary IU email address
- The names and contact information of at least two group members must be provided in order to make a reservation
- Outside of reserved hours and scheduled reservations, groups and individuals may use rooms on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If a group does not show up for their reserved time within 15 minutes of their reservation, they forfeit the room.