Requesting materials owned by the IU Libraries
We provide a number of request and delivery services for IU Bloomington students, faculty and staff:
- Request Delivery – place requests via IUCAT for delivery of materials held by libraries within the IU system
- Office Delivery for Faculty & Graduate Students - Faculty and graduate students able to receive packages via campus mail in a secure office or mailbox may request items to be sent direct to their campus office
- Recall – request us to ask another user who has an item checked out to bring it back to the library by a specified date
- Request Article Delivery – IUB faculty, staff and students may request digital copies of journal articles held only in print and microform formats within Bloomington campus collections
- Distance Education Document & Book Delivery – services for currently enrolled distance education students
- Rush Cataloging Requests – submit a request for any title marked in IUCAT as "on order," "in process," or "being cataloged" and for IU dissertations not yet cataloged
The following services are available to Indiana University affiliates as well as to unaffiliated researchers:
- ALF Request – request delivery of items held at the Ruth Lilly Auxiliary Library Facility (ALF), our offsite collections vault
- Lilly Library Request System – place requests electronically through IUCAT and Archives Online for Lilly Library materials to be used in the reading room, or to order reproductions
Find more information about borrowing, circulation and other customer access services
Requesting materials not owned by IU Libraries
- Interlibrary Loan - current IUB affiliates may request copies of articles not owned by the IU Bloomington Libraries, and books not available in any IU Library to be delivered for your use. First time users will be asked for some registration information.
- UBorrow - Current IUB affiliates may search for and request a book from the Big Ten libraries to be delivered to Bloomington. First time users may be asked for some registration information.
- Borrowing privileges at other institutions for IUB affiliates – reciprocal borrowing programs to borrow from other colleges and universities in person
Suggest a Purchase
Users may request that the Libraries purchase a book, a journal subscription, access to an electronic resource, or other material for the collection, either in any library or in a specific library. Submit your purchase suggestion using the form linked below.