REGISTRATION: Users must fill out and sign a registration form each fiscal year.
ACCESS TO MATERIAL: Permission to use records normally will be granted to any researcher upon completion of this form; however, the use of certain records is restricted by statute, by the office of origin or by donors. For the protection of its collections the Archives also reserves the right to restrict the use of records which are unprocessed, records of exceptional value and fragile records.
CIRCULATION OF MATERIAL: All materials must be used in designated areas in the reading room. No records may be taken from the Archives without written charge out permission of a member of the Archives staff. The Archives stacks are closed to researchers unless accompanied by an Archives staff member.
RULES FOR USE OF THE MATERIAL:
1. Books, briefcases, packages, coats and hats must be left in Archives lockers before the researcher begins work.
2. Food or beverages are not allowed in the department; smoking is prohibited.
3. The use of any kind of pen is prohibited in the Reading Room. Pencils alone should be used.
4. All materials must be handled with great care. Researchers must not lean on materials or trace, write on or fold records or handle them in any way likely to damage them.
5. Researchers will maintain the documents in the order they are received.
PERMISSION TO PUBLISH: Permission to examine materials is not an authorization to publish them. Separate written application for permission to publish must be made to the University Archives. Indiana University does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyrights held by others.
RECOMMENDED CITATION: Please cite: [item], [Name of Collection], [Collection number], Indiana University Archives, Indiana University, Bloomington.