Paged Pickup service is a no-contact way to request and check out items housed in Wells Library or Auxiliary Library Facility (ALF). Please read the directions below on submitting a request, scheduling an appointment, and checking out materials.
For items from the Cook Music Library, see Music Library Paged Pickup.
Step #1: Request Material
- Place a request using our Paged Pickup request form.
- Requests can be made by anyone with a current, valid Crimson Card or Borrower’s Card.
- Requests are limited to 25 items per person per day.
- Only circulating, print materials housed in Wells Library or Auxiliary Library Facility (ALF) can be requested at this time. Plans are underway to allow borrowing from other IU Bloomington library collections in the very near future.
- When a digital version of a requested book is available in HathiTrust, a link to the e-book will be provided instead of the library’s print copy so that we can maintain the emergency online access to the copyrighted works in the HathiTrust.
- We cannot provide books that are currently checked out to another library user, and recalls are not available at this time.
- Exception: If a book is checked out to a graduate carrel, lockable bookshelf, or faculty study in the Wells Library, we can provide that book to the current holder of that carrel or study.
- We will notify you if any of your requested items cannot be supplied, and where possible, we will work with you to identify alternatives.
The items you requested will be retrieved and checked out to you. Our staff will observe appropriate health and safety guidelines, and we will limit the number of people handling the items.
- Expect at least three days of processing time between your request and a pickup notification email.
Step #2: Schedule Pickup
You will receive an email notification from the Wells Library Circulation Desk (Access Services) when your items are ready.
The email notification will include a link to a website where you will select a pickup date and time.
Pickup times are by appointment on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 10 am - 3 pm.
You may pre-arrange and designate someone else to pick up items on your behalf when you schedule your pickup time. The designee will need to bring their photo ID to pick up materials.
Step #3: Pickup
At your selected pickup time, retrieve your items at the Wells Library. The pickup location is on the ground floor at the accessible doors by the Bookmark[et] Eatery, on the south side of the building. Visitor parking is available in the Wells Library lot.
IU requires a cloth mask to be worn when entering all IU buildings, so you will be required to wear one when picking up materials. Our staff will observe CDC and IU recommended health and safety guidelines including wearing a mask and frequent hand washing.
- You, or your pre-arranged designee, will need a photo ID to pick up materials.
- Books will be provided in a bag or a box for you.
Questions about Paged Pickup?