Last updated June 8, 2023
IUCAT and other campus-wide outage information
Information about IU Notices and Downtimes including IUCAT downtime is available at Status.IU.
Outages & Downtime for Subscription Resources (e-journals, databases, etc)
This page lists the electronic journals and databases for which a report has been made that the title cannot be reached by users on the Bloomington campus. Titles are listed in alphabetical order.
When a vendor of a collection of electronic journals reports problems in connecting to all or a large number of its journals (often several hundred titles), the problem is noted, but all of the titles in the collection cannot be listed individually.
Titles are removed as soon as the problem has been resolved.
Bridgeman Education - May 15, 2023
Bridgeman Education is updating their website. Due to the update, some content is currently missing. New information will be provided when available.
Buddhist Digital Archives (BUDA) - June 7, 2023
We are currently experiencing problems with off campus access to Buddhist Digital Archives (BUDA). Technical support is investigating this issue. In the interrim, off campus users can utilizing the IUanyware Chrome app to access this resource.
China Academic Journals - January 27, 2023
Access to content from a number of journals in the China Academic Journals (CAJ) database has been temporarily suspended. Content is being restored as support work on the issue. Progress may vary depending on the title. For impacted titles, see the title list provided by East View. An additional note on impacted titles:
- pre-2022 content has been temporarily suspended from 104 journals (of which 52 titles are from Series F; 9 titles are from series G, and 34 titles are from series H).
- isolated articles (from any time period) of an additional 391 journals’ content is temporarily suspended from public view (of which 305 titles are from series F; 23 titles are from Series G; and 47 titles are from series H).
China Statistical Yearbooks Database-Simplified Chinese - April 1, 2023
China Statistical Yearbooks Database-English - April 1, 2023
As part of the ongoing issue with CNKI content (see below for additional information) access to the China Statistical Yearbooks Database is currently unavailable.
Per East View, during this temporary suspension of the CSYD, all current CSYD subscribers have free complementary access to the China Yearbook Database – All Series. Most CSYD titles are available in full-text as a part of this resource and can be downloaded as PDF files. See the title list provided by East View for information on all available titles.
CNKI - April 1, 2023
Full text access to some CNKI content may be suspended April 1, 2023. The Cybersecurity Administration of China (CAC) has recently imposed new oversight requirements on Chinese publishers and exporters of information. Per East View , this may lead to a review and suspension of full text downloads of the following content types:
- statistics (includes access to the China Statistical Yearbooks Database, see above for additional information on this resource)
- conference proceedings
Updates will be provided when available.
Oxford Constitutions of the World - May 31, 2023
Campus-wide access to Oxford Constitutions of the World is currently unavailable. Support is investigating the issue. B-LAW users may still be able to access the resource.
Scientific American - June 5, 2023
Off campus access to Scientific American is currently unavailable. Support is working on the issue. Off campus users may access using the IUanyware workaround:
- Go to IUanyWare.
- In the search box in the top right corner, search for Chrome.
- Click the star to favorite Chrome for the future (it will display every time you visit IUanyware in the future)
- Click on the Google Chrome icon.
- There will be a pop-up, select “Open Citrix Receiver Launcher” OR choose "Use light version"
- This step depends on whether or not they've used IUanyWare and installed Citrix in the past. "Use light version" can be recommended for new users.
- A new Chrome browser window will open, with a starting page of iu.edu.
- Navigate to Scientific American
WorldCat - July 18, 2022 (updated January 5, 2023)
Some "Request Through ILL" links in WorldCat are not working as expected. Technical support are continuing to work to resolve this issue. If you experience errors, a workaround is available using Worldcat.org. Please visit Issues with ILL links in WorldCat for more information.
Having trouble connecting? We're here to help:
- Tips for Getting Connected to Online Resources
- Still can't connect? Report an Access Problem - form
Regularly Scheduled Library System Maintenance Windows
IUCAT will normally be down for maintenance during the following windows:
Monthly: 2nd Sunday, 12:00am - 8:00am
Weekly: Thursday, 10:00pm - 11:00pm
Weekly: Sunday, 2:00am - 10:00am
Daily: 2:00am - 2:30am
Weekly: Sunday, 7:00am - 10:00am
Maintenance is normally done once a month; scheduling varies but will be during the Sunday window.