The Open Access Monograph Digital Publishing program supports the publication of open-access digital monographs of up to 90,000 words in the humanities and humanistic social sciences. This program is offered in collaboration with the IU Bloomington Office of the Provost and the IU Libraries.
- Deadline: Nov. 13, 2017 and March 13, 2018
- Award Amount: $15,000 per project
- Online application form
- Contact: Alicia Adelman, email@example.com and Ed Comentale, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will only be accepted from faculty who already have a peer-reviewed manuscript accepted by a press on the list of member publishers in the AAUP consortium currently ready to accept grants under the terms of this initiative.
All tenured and tenure-eligible faculty, research scientists, research scholars, research center directors, and librarians with an accepted book contract at a press on the list of member publishers in the AAUP consortium currently ready to accept grants under the terms of this initiative. Special consideration will be given to monographs that make innovative use of the digital platform.
- completed online application form
- plan and rationale for publication as a digital monograph (2-4 pages)
- copy of university press contract
- project timeline
- letter of support from press editor that expresses approval of plans for digital publication
For more information, please visit the Office of the Vice Provost for Research page.