Step 1: Request Material
- Place a request using our Paged Pickup request form.
- We will page your requested items and check them out to you.
- We may take up to 3 days to process your request. You will receive a confirmation email when your request is ready for pickup.
- Only circulating, print materials at the Cook Music Library can be requested at this time. We cannot lend items that are on reserve or at carrels.
- If a digital version of a requested book is available in HathiTrust, we will email you a link to the ebook. Because we are using HathiTrust for emergency online access, we are prohibited from circulating the print versions of those items.
- At this time, we cannot recall items from other patrons.
- At this time, requests must be limited to 25 items per person per day.
- Our staff observe appropriate health and safety guidelines; we are limiting the number of people processing and handling library items.
Step 2: Schedule a Pickup
- You may schedule your pickup after you receive the email confirmation from Cook Music Library circulation that your items are ready.
- Schedule your pickup by clicking the link in the email confirmation you receive. Pickup times will be by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 am - 3 pm.
- You may designate someone else to pick up items on your behalf when you schedule your pickup time. Library staff will check their photo ID when they pick up your materials.
Step 3: Pick Up Your Items
- At your scheduled time, pick up your items at the Cook Music Library. The pickup location is at the Simon Music Library and Recital Center building located at 3rd and Jordan. Proceed behind the building to the loading dock. The pickup table is inside the outdoor corridor at the loading dock (see images below). There is limited parking near the loading dock. You can also park on the top level at the Jordan parking garage.
- After we check your I.D., you can retrieve your items, which will be in a bag.
- IU requires you to wear a mask when you are on campus. Our staff will observe CDC and IU recommended health and safety guidelines including wearing a mask and frequent hand washing.
Ready to place your request?