The Richard G. Lugar Senatorial Papers (1977-2012), part of the IU Libraries' Modern Political Papers collection, is a closed collection of over 1,400 boxes of archival material. We are pleased to announce that a portion of the Lugar papers are now open for research! The Legislative Activity series spans 1977-2010 and contains select materials related to Lugar’s legislative activity in the Senate. These items include:
- Congressional Quarterly Almanacs and Weekly Reports
- Legislative profiles from the Senate Computer Center
- Record Vote Analysis from the Republican Policy Committee
- Original bound copies of Senate Journals spanning the years 1980-2005
- Voting record analyses from the National Federation of Independent Business and the United States Chamber of Commerce
While these materials are available publicly through various print and online sources, the opening of this portion of the Lugar collection constitutes a unique opportunity to view the series of resources collectively. Researchers can also gain insight into which third-party research publications and other reference documents Lugar’s Senatorial office collected for use.
As processing continues, portions of the Lugar collection will open for use. Coming soon from the Press series are news clippings retained by the Senator and his staff.
For more information, please contact Rachel Hancock, Lugar Project Archivist, at 812-855-1538 or firstname.lastname@example.org.