Bloomington, IN - Visit Bloomington presented 2016 Tourism Awards to ten local businesses, organizations or individuals on December 16 at the Monroe Convention Center. The following award recipients were selected because of their positive contributions to the area's tourism industry and continued valuable marketing partnerships with Visit Bloomington:
- Big Event - Limestone Comedy Festival
- Tastemaker - Cardinal Spirits
- Health Nut - Monroe Lake
- Cream and Crimson - Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall
- Lifelong Learner - Lilly Library
- Pragmatic Planner - Go Express Travel
- Pragmatic Planner - Hyatt Place
- Idealist - One World Enterprises
- Friend of Tourism - Carol Wilson
- Friend of Tourism - Iris Kiesling
“We are pleased to recognize these wonderful partners who contribute greatly to our industry and make Bloomington and Monroe County a better place to work, visit and live," says Mike McAfee, Executive Director at Visit Bloomington.
When presenting the award to Erika Dowell, Associate Director and Curator of Modern Books and Manuscripts at Lilly Library, McAfee noted how well the Lilly Library fit the award's purpose, designated to celebrate institutions that provide opportunities for academic and engaged travelers. He went on to share that the Lilly Library has been an excellent partner to Visit Bloomington, specifically by providing a, "wonderful experience to Bloomington's visitors through tours and access to its unique and massive collections."