Digital screens are available in the Wells Library so that the IU Libraries can inform all IU Libraries users of services, news, events, policy changes, and procedures in a timely, consistent, and concise manner.
- Indiana University Emergency Messages
- IU Libraries' programs and services
- IU Libraries-sponsored events and activities
- IU Libraries' campus partner events taking place with the IU Libraries
- Indiana University departments, offices, agencies, and academic programs
The IU Libraries reserves the right to decline requests for advertising and to stop a non-IU Libraries announcement before its end date to accommodate IU emergency messages or IU Libraries information.
An updated posting of ads occurs each Monday (or on Tuesday, if the Monday is a holiday). Ads may be submitted at any time, but submissions received by 5pm on Wednesdays will be released the following Monday. Ads received after that time will be bundled with the subsequent grouping. Please submit your ads in time to ensure that they will be posted in advance of your event.
**We will observe a special schedule for the December/January semester break. Ads submitted between 5pm, W, December 11 and 5pm W, January 1, will be held for release on T, January 7, 2020. We will resume our regular schedule with the W, January 8, 2020, 5pm deadline for slide submissions.
- When creating your ad, follow the Design Guidelines and IU Brand Elements below.
- Submit the Ad Placement Request Form.
- Upload your ad to IU Box and include the link to its location on your form (preferred); or, if it is not possible to upload to Box, you may email your ad to libweb @ indiana . edu. Please bear in mind our submission schedule (submissions received on Wednesdays by 5pm are scheduled for release the following Monday). (About sharing files on IU Box)
- Our team will review your ad and respond within 24 hours.
- Make sure your ad is sized at 1920 x 1080 pixels (with a resolution of 72 dpi) and saved as a PNG file format.
- Keep copy to a minimum, meaning no more than 50 words per slide. This includes headings and titles.
- Distinguish websites and links by making them a different color and/or italicizing them.
- Keep text readable by coloring it white when placed on a dark or colorful background.
- Utilize existing IU brand elements - fonts, colors, voice, and verbal/visual style - whenever possible.
- Visit brand.iu.edu for the most up-to-date information regarding IU brand guidelines and access to downloadable brand resources, including:
- IU brand fonts
- IU brand color palette
- Layout templates
- IU trident (university logo)
- Marketing lock-ups (campus unit wordmarks)
- Designs may be altered to fit the IU brand after submission.
Branding or design questions? Send an email to: libcomm @ indiana . edu .
If you need a custom design for a special event or service, contact libcomm @ indiana . edu . Lead times for custom ads are longer than for Ad Placement requests. Please make your request at least two weeks before you would like the ad to run.
Please contact libweb @ indiana . edu .