Alphabetized by name of website.
- Arabic Language Studies at IUB
- Brown University's Digital Islamic Humanities Project
The Digital Islamic Humanities Project is a research initiative of the Middle East Studies program at Brown University. This site contains a working bibliography, useful resources, a frequently updated blog, and information about our recent conference on the Digital Humanities and Islamic & Middle East Studies.
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO)
Middle Eastern subjects may be explored in the search box. NOTE: This database is available only to authorized IUB users (on and off campus).
- Directory of Free Arab Journals: In Arabic
- Middle East & Islamic Studies Collection at Cornell University
- Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC)
- Egyptian Libraries Network (ELN)
- Global Gateway: World Culture & Resources
A Library of Congress internet research resource.
- History in the News: The Middle East
This excellent site, produced by the Department of History at the State University of New York-Albany (SUNY-Albany), maintains links to other sites that cover Middle Eastern culture, economics, geography, history, politics, religion, etc. Bibliographies of both electronic resources and and more traditional materials are available at many of the linked sites.
- Holy Qur'an Resources on the Internet
Includes articles, a dictionary, an index, internet links, recitations, a search engine, the standard English transliteration system, and translations in multiple languages.
- Iraq Web Links
The United States Institute of Peace Library has an excellent set of links to resources, primarily in English, providing information on Iraq concerning conflict and weapons inspections. There are also links to resources which describe the background, history, and events in Iraq, as well as links to Institute Special Reports.
Compiled by the Global Studies Libraries at Columbia University. Extensive resource list of several aspects of Islam.
- Islam: A Bibliography
A list of English-language only works on all subjects compiled in 2003 by Patrick S. O'Donnell, Santa Barbara City College.
- Islam and Islamic Studies Resources
This page, developed by Prof. Alan Godlas, Department of Religion, University of Georgia, provides a scholarly overview of Islam and related subjects. It includes a number of selected articles on recent acts of terrorism, the Taleban, Bin Laden, and the crisis in Afghanistan.
- Islamic and Christian Date Converter
- Islamic Heritage Project
- Through the Islamic Heritage Project (IHP), Harvard University has cataloged, conserved, and digitized hundreds of Islamic manuscripts, maps, and published texts from Harvard’s renowned library and museum collections.
- Libraries on the Web: Africa and the Middle East
- Middle East Microform Project (MEMP)
An initiative of the Center for Research Libraries (CRL).
- Middle East Virtual Library (MENALIB)
MENALIB is an information portal for Middle East and Islamic Studies created by the Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Sachsen-Anhalt in Halle, Germany. It provides access to online information and to digital records of printed and other offline media.
- Muslims, Islam, and Iraq
The focus of this webpage, unlike most websites dealing with Iraq, is to inform the public in a scholarly manner both about Islam and Muslims in Iraq and about the relationship of the war in Iraq to Islam and Muslims, including Shi'ites, Kurdish Sunnis, and Arab Sunnis. Constructed by Prof. Alan Godlas, Department of Religion, University of Georgia, with assistance from members of the Study of Islam Section of the American Academy of Religion (AAR).
- New York Public Library : The Middle East in Early Prints and Photographs
- Noormags.com (online library of Persian periodicals)
- OACIS for the Middle East (Online Access to Consolidated Information on Serials)
- Oxford Bibligoraphies Online: Jewish Studies