- All books charged out are subject to recall for another library user after 10 DAYS of initial use, regardless of the library user status (i.e., faculty, graduate student, undergraduate student, staff, Indiana resident).
- Before you submit a recall request, you may wish to check the shelves to see if there is another copy available. It may be quicker to use Request Delivery to obtain the item from another IU campus rather than placing a recall request, which may take up to two weeks to fulfill.
- IUB students, faculty and staff: If the item is held only at Bloomington and our copy is checked out, you may place an Interlibrary Loan request for the item.
- Be sure to specify the library where you would like to pick up the material when it becomes available.
- Provide your Indiana-affiliated email address (for example, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). You will receive a copy of your request via email.
- Your Library Identification Number is the barcode number found on your IU ID card or borrower's card. It begins with a 2, followed by a zero, and other numbers. Please provide the entire number.
- The call number of the book is found on the IUCAT record.
- Media and Reserves materials are not eligible for recall.