The following are the most commonly used print sources for finding information about the Indiana State Government. Links to electronic versions have been provided when available. However, print sources may be useful for finding historical information as well as being easier to use in general. Another guide is available for electronic Indiana information.
Here is Your Indiana Government. Indianapolis: Indiana State Chamber of Commerce. 1944-
Revised biennially. A handbook describing the structure and function of Indiana's state, local, and county government. The appendix contains an historical section and the Indiana constitution.
Latest at ET2 Reference Desk JK5601 .I39; earlier in ET2 LC Reference.
Indiana General Assembly Legislative Directory. Indianapolis: Indiana State Chamber of Commerce.
Includes names and brief biographical information for members of the Indiana General Assembly. It also includes district maps, seating charts and committee assignments.
Latest edition at ET2 Reference Desk JK5630 .I4; earlier in ET2 LC Reference/ Information, i.e. directory of legislators on Access Indiana http://www.state.in.us/
Roster of State and Local Officials of the State of Indiana. Indianapolis: Indiana State Board of Accounts. 1857-
- This annual listing provides names and addresses for state and local agencies and offices.
- Latest edition at ET2 Reference Desk JK5630 .A3; earlier on LC Reference. Information available on Access Indiana
- State Documents Checklist Database <http://www.in.gov/library/2627.htm> Replaced the printed the Checklist of Indiana State Documents in 1996. Indianapolis: Indiana State Library. 1973-
Issued quarterly with annual accumulation as prescribed by the Depository Documents Act of 1973, this checklist lists public documents issued by the agencies of the Indiana State Government. College and university publications are included.
ET2 LC Reference Desk Z1223.5.I5 C45 http://www.state.in.us/
Indiana Fact Book. Bloomington: Indiana Business Research Center. 1994 and earlier editions.
A collection of directory information and statistical data of general interest. Data are presented for Indiana counties and the state.
Latest edition at ET2 Reference Desk HA365 .I524; (earlier on ET2 LC Reference) Most information on internet at: Stats Indiana<http://www.stats.indiana.edu/> or on agency websites at http://www.state.in.us/ (one problem with using the electronic source is knowing agencies well enough to locate desired information
- ET2 LC Reference KFI3030 1998.A22 1998
Indiana Administrative Code
ET2 LC Reference KFI2001.A285
- Indiana Register
- ET2 LC Reference KFI3036 .I53
- Indiana Journal of the House and Indiana Journal of the Senate
ET2 LC Reference J87 .I6b
- Bloomington Municipal Code
- ET2 Reference Desk KFX1129.B4 A35
- Monroe County Code
ET2 Reference Desk KFI3599.M66 A35