This Library Research Center is located in the Health Sciences Building, room 1030, on the 45/46 Bypass and attached to Bloomington's new hospital. The Library Research Center proudly serves the School of Social Work, the School of Nursing, the Department of Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences, and Medical Sciences.
Librarians are in the Health Sciences Research Center Monday-Friday from 11 am-3 pm
Consult with a Librarian
Librarians can meet with departments or individual students, instructors, faculty, staff, or researchers to support teaching, learning, and research. Some services librarians can help with include:
- Request items in IUCAT to be delivered to the Regional Academic Health Center
- Return library items from any regional IU Library in the book drop located outside of the Library Research Center
- Quick help via instant messaging and email through Ask a Librarian
- Databases and research resources covering a wide variety of topics
- Guides to citing references
- Research guides - guides to resources organized by academic discipline
- Recommend a purchase
- Request a consultation with a librarian subject specialist or contact one of our subject specialists directly.
- More information about reference & research services
Emily Alford--Social Work
Amy Minix--Nursing & Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Jen Simms--Medical Science