The IU Libraries in association with India Remixed is proud to present a new exhibition on the Golden Age of Indian Cinema. The exhibit is on display at Wells Library in the Scholars' Commons until April 6th.
In Fall 2017, 37 Indian film scripts were gifted to the Indiana University Libraries by Nasreen Munni Kabir, a journalist, writer, and TV producer of Bollywood works. These scripts were gifted to her by producers, and are 'censor copies'; copies of a script had to be given to the Central Board of Film Censors before the film could begin production.
Exhibition highlights include:
- Golden Age era film scripts gifted by Nasreen Munni Kabir
- Film clips of noteworthy scenes paired with the script text
- Rare books from the collection about Indian cinema and artists
- Books available for checkout on Indian Cinema including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and independent films
- Film pamphlet from Awaara's release with song lyrics and production credits
From Indian films to Indian maps, don't forget to check out some of the other exciting India Remixed events happening right here at the Libraries!