Nairobi, Kenya, August 29-September 9, 1977
Indiana University Library Bloomington
Also available in UN microrint.
Please inquire at ET2 (East Tower 2 of the Wells Library) service desk for assistance.
Call Number: GB611 .U56 1977.
See IUCAT for current location and holdings.
1. Desertification: an overview. 79p. + corr. 1
- Note: Rev. 1 not available to depository libraries
2. World map of desertification at a scale of 1:25,000,000. Explanatory note. 11p. + 1 map
- Copy 2 of map shelved GIMSS Map Case: GB611.U56 1977 v.1 map
- 3. Draft plan of action to combat desertification. 73p.
- 3/Add.1. Transnational projects: description and status of feasibility studies. 29p.
- 3/Add.2. Economic and financial aspects of the plan of action to combat desertification. 21p. + corr. 1
- 4. Synthesis of case studies of desertification. 73p.
- 5. Climate and desertification. 140p.
- 6. Technology and desertification. 122p.
- 7. Ecological change and desertification. 124p.
- 8. Population, society and desertification. 62p.
- 9. Chile: case study on desertification. Region of Combarbala. 162p.
- 10. Iraq: case study on desertification. Greater Mussayeb project. 102p.
- 11. India: case study on desertification. Luni development block. 66p.
- 12. Tunisia: case study on desertification. Oglat Merteba region. 148p.
- 13. Pakistan: case study on desertification. Mona reclamation experimental project. 120p.
- 14. Niger: case study on desertification. The Eghazer and Azawak region. 94p. + annex.
- 15. Australia: an associated case study. Gascoyne Basin. 177p.
- 16. China: an associated case study. Tame the wind, harness the sand and transform the Gobi. 21p.
- 17. China: an associated case study. Control the desert and create pastures. 27p.
- 18. China: an associated case study. Combating desertification in China. 50p.
- 19. Iran: an associated case study. The Turan programme.
- 20. Israel: an associated case study. The Negev: a desert reclaimed. 110p.
21. See UN microprint A/CONF.74/21. (Inquire at GIMSS service desk for assistance.)
- This item was also issued as a U.S. government document: The Vale Rangeland Rehabilitation Program: The Desert Repaired in Southeastern Oregon. Available from IU Southeast under call number A13.80:PNW-70.
- 22. U.S.S.R.: an associated case study. Integrated desert development and desertification control in the Turkmenian SSR. 42p.
- 22/Add.1. Maps. p.
- 23. U.S.S.R.: an associated case study. Golodnaya Steppe. 76p.
- 24. Transnational project: the management of the major regional aquifers in North East Africa and the Arabian Peninsula. p. + corr. 1.
- 25. Transnational green belt in North Africa (Morocco-Algeria-Tunisia-Libya-Egypt). 43p. + maps.
- 26. Transnational project on management of livestock and rangelands to combat desertification in the Sudano-Sahelian regions (SOLAR). 24p.
- 27. Transnational project to monitor desertification processes and related natural resources in arid and semi-arid areas of South America. v.p.
- 28. Transnational project to monitor desertification processes and related natural resources in arid and semi-arid areas of South-West Asia. 64p.
- 29. Sahel green belt transnational project. 32p.
- 30. Decisions of the United Nations Water Conference relevant to the work of the United Nations Conference on Desertification: report by the secretariat of the Water Conference. 13p.
- 31. Status of desertification in the hot arid regions; climate aridity index map; experimental world scheme of aridity and drought probability, at a scale of 1:25,000,000. Explanatory note. 15p. + 3 maps.
- 32. Current international activities to combat desertification. 7p.
- 33. Report on the regional preparatory meetings. 4p.
- 33/Add.1 Reports of the regional preparatory meetings. 35p.
- 34. Study of alternative economic strategies for the development of arid and semi-arid lands: a summary report on a conference jointly organized by the United Nations institute for training and research and the California department of water resources, held at Sacramento, California, United States of America, 31 May to 10 June 1977. 57p.
- 35. Credentials of representatives to the conference: report of the credentials committee. 2p.
- Provisional agenda with annotations. p. [AGENDA/Rev.1 not sent to depository libraries]
- Provisional rules of procedure. 16p. [RULES/Rev.1 not sent to depository libraries]
- 36. Report of the United Nations Conference on Desertification, Nairobi, 29 August-9 September 1977. 139p.
- United Nations Conference on Desertification, 29 August-9 September 1977: Round-up, Plan of Action and Resolutions. GB611.U565 1977 See IUCat for location.