Did you hear?
"The U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) has provided online access to Government information from all three branches since 1994 when we created the GPO Access website. GPO continued to innovate by launching the Federal Digital System (FDsys) in 2009, and in 2016, GPO debuted the modern, mobile-friendly govinfo.
In December 2018, GPO plans to retire FDsys, and govinfo will take its place as GPO’s source for official Government information.
While FDsys will remain available until its retirement, users are encouraged to transition togovinfo. Immediately before FDsys is retired, redirects from FDsys to govinfo will be enabled, but users should prepare for the FDsys retirement by proactively updating their systems and links to point to govinfo instead of FDsys.
govinfo offers many enhancements over FDsys including:
- Optimization for display on mobile devices
- More relevant and precise search results
- Integrated social media sharing
- New Related Documents feature
- Curated content and new ways to browse
- Developer tools and data feeds
- Expanded help and resources
The new Govinfo website has a user friendly "help" page to orient users to the space. If users find areas that would benefit from improvement, they are encouraged to utilize the feedback form, the survey page, or askgpo to report issues. The website managers are eager to receive feedback and look forward to hearing from users.
Additionally, "There are more than 1.5 million titles available on govinfo, with more added daily. Collections on govinfo include:
- The Congressional Record
- Federal Register
- Congressional Calendars, Hearings, Reports
- The U.S. Code
- Code of Federal Regulations
- U.S. Courts Opinions
- The Federal Budget
Some key features on govinfo:
- Mobile-friendly optimized for screen size
- An ABC list of collections
- Quick Links to popular publications
- Related Documents
- Search by Calendar
- Shareable social media content"2
Have questions? Feel welcome to stop by the GIMMS service desk or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org!