The Asian Cultural History Program of the Smithsonian Institution recently donated a copy of Durdy Bayramov: Life, Legacy, Culture to Indiana University Libraries. This 221 page book is mainly comprised of full color reproductions of Bayramov's major works from five genres: portraits, still lifes, flowers, landscapes and thematic competition. The book also details Durdy Bayramov's life from an orphan at an early age to becoming The People's Artist of the Turkmen SSR and beyon. The preface written by his daughter gives insight into a kind and generous man, and the legacy he has left on the Central Asian Art World.
Central Eurasian StudiesView All Central Eurasian Studies ResourcesView All
- More info about Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies
- More info about Encyclopaedia of Islam Encyclopaedia of Islam
- More info about Index Islamicus Index Islamicus
- More info about Oxford Bibliographies Online: Islamic Studies Oxford Bibliographies Online: Islamic Studies
- More info about Oxford Islamic Studies Online Oxford Islamic Studies Online