Building and preserving the outstanding collections of Indiana University Libraries in Bloomington involves a network of more than thirty-five subject and area specialists who have in-depth knowledge of specific disciplines, foreign languages, and cultures. The Collection Managers, who serve as liaisons to each department, program, and school on campus, are available by e-mail, phone or appointment to assist you.
What we can do for you:
- Purchase materials upon your recommendation.
- Answer your reference questions or refer you to someone who can.
- Prepare printed and electronic library guides.
- Teach you how to use various electronic resources.
- Advise you where and how to identify materials relevant to your teaching or research.
- Attend departmental meetings to discuss library resources, services, and off-site selection guidelines for materials in your discipline.
What you can do for us:
- Recommend purchase of materials.
- Collaborate with us when preparing library-related assignments.
- Request a consultation with a librarian subject specialist to:
- Invite us into your classroom or arrange for a class session in the library related to your course requirements.
- Ask us to participate in a departmental meeting devoted to library issues.