The first courses taught at Indiana University in the 1820s and 1830s were courses in Latin and Greek; the Bloomington Classical Studies collection thus has a long history. It now covers, for the most part at the research level, Greek and Latin literature, language, culture, palaeography, epigraphy, textual criticism, mythology, and religion; the history of classical scholarship; patristics; classical archaeology; and ancient history. The collection is housed on the 9th floor of the East Tower of the Herman B Wells Library.
About Classical Studies
Classical StudiesView All Classical Studies ResourcesView All
- More info about Annee philologique Annee philologique
- More info about Brill's New Pauly: Encyclopedia of the Ancient World Brill's New Pauly: Encyclopedia of the Ancient World
- More info about Oxford Classical Dictionary (OCD) Oxford Classical Dictionary (OCD)
- More info about Thesaurus Linguae Graecae Thesaurus Linguae Graecae
- More info about DIDO Image Bank DIDO Image Bank