To link to this database use: https://libraries.indiana.edu/databases/spanishspeech
INDIVIDUAL USER ACCOUNT REQUIRED TO DOWNLOAD DATA. SELECT "MORE INFO" FOR INSTRUCTIONS. Consists of 120 unscripted telephone conversations between native speakers of Spanish.
- Go to: https://catalog.ldc.upenn.edu/login
- Select “Create a new account”
- Review the Terms and Conditions and click “Accept”
- Fill out the New User Registration > be sure to enter “Indiana University” in the Organization field and use your Indiana University email address in the email field
- The Libraries’ will receive a notice to confirm the status of the registrant; the registrant will receive a notice once they have been recognized as a member of Indiana University
- The registrant will receive an additional email, "Linguistic Data Consortium Confirmation instructions" requesting that they confirm their account email. The registrant must click on this link to complete the setup of their account. NOTE: This email may be filtered into email junk/spam folders.
- Navigate to “Downloads”, and initiate a download of Spanish Speech to your personal computer
The CALLHOME Spanish corpus of telephone speech consists of 120 unscripted telephone conversations between native speakers of Spanish. All calls, which lasted up to 30 minutes, originated in North America and were placed to international locations. Most participants called family members or close friends. This corpus contains speech data files ONLY, along with the minimal amount of documentation needed to describe the contents and format of the speech files and the software packages needed to uncompress the speech data.
Vendor: University of Pennsylvania
Producer: Linguistic Data Consortium
Interlibrary Loan Type: Not Permitted
Simultaneous User Limit: Unlimited simultaneous users