To link to this resource use: https://libraries.indiana.edu/resources/chinesetranscripts
CALLHOME Mandarin Chinese collection includes telephone speech, associated transcripts and a lexicon. INDIVIDUAL USER ACCOUNT REQUIRED TO DOWNLOAD DATA. SELECT "MORE INFO" FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
- Go to: https://catalog.ldc.upenn.edu/login
- Select “Create a new account”
- Review the Terms and Conditions and click “Accept”
- Fill out the New User Registration > be sure to enter “Indiana University” in the Organization field and use your Indiana University email address in the email field
- The Libraries’ will receive a notice to confirm the status of the registrant; the registrant will receive a notice once they have been recognized as a member of Indiana University
- Navigate to “Downloads”, and initiate a download of Mandarin Chinese Transcripts to your personal computer
CALLHOME Mandarin Chinese Speech consists of 120 unscripted telephone conversations between native speakers of Mandarin Chinese. All calls, which lasted up to thirty minutes, originated in North America and were placed to locations overseas; most participants called family members or close friends. CALLHOME Mandarin Chinese Transcripts covers a contiguous five or ten-minute segment from each of the telephone speech files. The transcripts are in tab-delimited format with GB2312 encoding, are timestamped by speaker turn for alignment with the speech signal and are provided in standard orthography. CALLHOME Mandarin Chinese Lexicon is comprised of over 40,000 words from twenty CALLHOME Mandarin transcripts.
Vendor: University of Pennsylvania
Producer: Linguistic Data Consortium
Interlibrary Loan Type: Not Permitted
Simultaneous User Limit: Unlimited simultaneous users