Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the Wells Library stacks are currently only available for limited browsing as we strive to control the amount of people in Wells Library for maximum public safety. IU Bloomington faculty, staff, and students can make reservations to browse the Wells Library East Tower Stacks for 30 minutes once per day. There are two reservation slots at a time and reservations must be made at least twelve hours in advance. Please note that any physical items which are available digitally through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service cannot be checked out at this time.
If you are a non-affiliate user with a Borrower's Card, please submit a request to check out and pickup items from IUCAT at Wells Library.
- Make a reservation. Reservations can be made up to a week in advance.
- When you arrive at Wells Library for your reservation time, show your email confirmation at the East Tower doors and then at the Access Services/Circulation Desk (on the 1st floor).
- Check in using the email confirmation for your reservation.
- Please wash your hands before handling materials (restrooms are located on all floors in the East Tower).
- Browse and select the items you wish to check out.
- At the end of your reservation, return to the Access Services/Circulation Desk to check out the items you selected.
- Check out of your reservation using the booking page or the QR code located at the Access Services/Circulation Desk. You'll need the the same check in code from your reservation email confirmation.
- We recommend washing your hands again after your reservation is finished (there are restrooms located in the Wells Library lobby).
When using library spaces, you must abide by campus health and safety regulations as outlined in the Student Commitment Form or Community Responsibility Acknowledgement. Libraries staff will enforce these health standards. If you do not comply with Libraries’ staff requests to wear a mask and physically distance, you will be asked to leave the building. The Libraries do not allow eating or drinking and you will not be allowed to use a space to eat or drink. Please bring your own sanitation supplies.
Make a reservation now!