The Learning Commons (LC) supports and enhances student learning and research by providing state of the art technology and resources in a collaborative academic environment.
Located on the first floor of the West Tower of the Wells Library, the LC is a 24/7 technology-infused learning center where students work on class assignments from start to finish. A partnership of the IU Libraries and University Information Technology Services, the LC offers pervasive wireless access, a tutorial center, research consultations, peer coaches, and technological support. Collaboration rooms are available on a first-come/first-serve basis and groups have priority.
The upper floors of the West Tower accomodate different needs: find space to study quietly, meet with groups, or practice presentations.
Learning Commons Policies
Respect for others and appropriate personal conduct are requirements for making the dynamic and academic environment of the LC possible.
- Any person who is disrupting or whose behavior threatens to disrupt the work of others in the LC will be asked to cease the disruptive activity or may be asked to leave.
- Sleeping, offensive bodily hygiene, or behavior that results in complaints or threatens to damage library property, disruptive behavior, food/beverage distribution, soliciting, roughhousing, pets, rollerblades/skates, bicycles, etc. are not permitted in the LC.
- Speak in normal conversational tones.
- Signs, displays, exhibits, posters, or other types of print or electronic communications are limited to those posted by LC service providers.
- Group meals and large-scale food distribution are prohibited.
Access to the Learning Commons for Fall 2020
Access to the Learning Commons and the West Tower will be limited and available by appointment only.